To make the rice with fat, you need :
- 750g beef
- 2 bowls of rice
- 3 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 chilli
- Cut the meat into small cubes.
- Peel and finely chop the onions. Peel and seed the tomatoes and crush them.
- Heat the oil in a pot and melt the onions.
- Add the meat, brown it slightly and then add the tomato paste and crushed tomatoes.
- Pour in 2 litres of water, bring to the boil, add salt and pepper and simmer on a low heat for 1 hour.
- When the meat is cooked, take a good ladleful of stock and set aside.
- Remove the chilli, turn up the heat and when the mixture boils, pour in the washed rice.
- Serve the rice and meat together and pour the ladleful of stock over the dish.
Your rice au gras is ready!